The Buttafly Technique - Practitioner Training
Join our growing team of practitioners and enjoying watching your clients get better faster
The practice of using the Buttafly to facilitate a release of the spine is changing lives and no wonder – posture is fundamental to health.
From the time we wake up in the morning every thought, emotion and activity plays out in the body causing stress and strain, and disturbing the natural alignment of the spine.
This explains why man has sought to counter the effects of daily living since the beginning of time. Records dating back to 4000BC describe traction beds that are much the same as those still used in physiotherapy today!
The Buttafly Technique works in a very different way, however. Rather than something being done from outside the body, the changes happen from within, drawing on the wisdom in the body that is hard-wired for self-healing. A realignment nearly always takes place, correcting posture and easing back pain and stiffness.
The Buttafly Technique is also effective for relieving hip and pelvic pain and has been shown to ease the chronic nature of musculoskeletal conditions and abate recurrent episodes.
Whether used as a stand-alone treatment or in combination with other modalities, the Buttafly Technique is gentle, profound, and deeply effective.
It is endorsed by:
- Dr. Fatemeh Rezaei-Sajadinia, Back Pain Physiotherapy Specialist of the year 2021– UK
- Wendy Powell, the founder of MUTU System, a clinically proven programme for pre and postnatal fitness.
- The Complementary Medical Association
- Craniosacral Therapists
- Massage therapists
- Pilates Trainers with hands-on experience
- Personal trainers, level 4 and above
- Learn how to safely and effectively incorporate the Buttafly Technique into your work
- Empower your clients – teach them how to set it up for themselves with confidence
- Understand the different types of back pain and how they benefit
- Understand the application for Women’s Health conditions including period problems, pelvic pain, pelvic floor dysfunction, and pregnancy
- Learn the benefits for other neuro-musculoskeletal conditions
- Gain insight into the advantages for sports enthusiasts, especially runners and cyclists
- Know when to refer your clients on onUnderstand
- 3-Day Workshop with Loulou James, the designer of the Buttafly
- Ongoing training and support offered
- Discounts on Buttafly purchases
- Be entitled to be included on our website as a practitioner
Eleni Vrahimis, Physiotherapist
I attended a two-day class with Loulou on how to best use the Buttafly for therapeutic purposes and in yoga class. I found her to be very informative and passionate about the use of Buttafly Effect and its ability to help people.
I’ve gone on to use it successfully with patients suffering from low back pain and specifically coccydynia.
Our lessons were on Zoom and I found her teaching to be clear and the two days were paced beautifully.
Neil Baird, Yoga Therapist
The training with Loulou was time well spent in many ways. Although at first, I couldn’t imagine how we would spend two days on the topic, as soon as we began I realised that this was to be much more than I had expected. We were not simply going to be learning about the benefits and uses of the Buttafly products, but we would learn from Loulou’s experience of working with clients and students as a bodyworker, physiotherapist, healing practitioner, and yoga teacher. We came to understand through hearing her experiences and exploring for ourselves why the Buttafly is such a powerful tool. And while in two days we could not cover Anatomy in any depth, I learned a great amount about the human body in those few hours in the context of teaching yoga.
We explored for ourselves, and with others in the class, about our own postural strengths and weaknesses, the individuality of our bodies, and how to support our own progress. We worked with idea that ‘less can be more’ when the right interventions are made in the appropriate way.
Loulou taught us that if we support the body well, the body’s intelligence will allow a postural release to occur naturally. We learned that the subtlest of shifts or changes to our posture while sitting in Sukasana or lying in Savasana can have a big impact on our experience.
I think we all came to realise that too often, the fundamentals of posture can be too easily overlooked in classes, or problems are even obscured by notions of what is the right way to be doing something. And of course we learned how the simple unique design of the Buttafly can be an invaluable aid in working with our students or clients. The days flew by and I am looking forward to doing more.
Beth, Yogalates Teacher
I love introducing new clients of mine to the Buttafly… What it does in releasing spinal tension for a lot of clients suffering from back pain is phenomenal.