The Buttafly Technique
Learn how to incorporate this outstanding new back care technique into your work.
For ALL bodyworkers keen to introduce a revolutionary way to help their clients.
Accredited by the Complementary Medicine Association.
Tap into the Natural Intelligence of the Body
The Buttafly Technique is the term given to the position whereby a Standard size Buttafly is placed low down under the pelvis in supine lying.
The posterior portion of the ischial tuberosities is supported while the sacrum and coccyx rest freely in the indent.
As a treatment, it can be incorporated into any massage system and bodywork protocol.
For Back Ache, Non-Specific Low back Pain, Chronic Pelvic Pain and more
Do You Treat Clients Who Suffer From Back Pain Or Complain Of Poor Posture?
The Buttafly Technique works in two ways:
- Decompression of the lumbar spine
- By setting up a still point nudging the body’s restorative parasympathetic nervous sytem into dominance
- Learn how to safely incorporate the Buttafly Technique into your work
- Be able to teach your clients how to set it up for themselves
- Gain insight into the different types of back pain & how they benefit
- Understand the application for Women’s Health conditions including period problems, pelvic pain, pelvic floor dysfunction & pregnancy
- Learn the benefits for other neuromusculoskeletal conditions
- Know the advantages for sports enthusiasts especially runners & cyclists
- Gain confidence in knowing when to refer your clients on
- Cost £295
- 2 Day Workshop with TillyLou James, Chartered Physiotherapist, Yoga Teacher, Lifestyle Prescriptions® Health Coach & designer of the Buttafly
- Includes a Standard Buttafly
- Ongoing training and support offered
- Discounts on Buttafly purchases; commission on sales
- Be entitled to be included on our website as a practitioner
Courses - Online and In Person
The dates and venues for this course are being updated all the time.
To register your interest, kindly fill in the form below and we will be in touch very soon.
Register Your Interest Here
What People Say About Us!
Eleni Vrahimis, Physiotherapist
I attended a two-day class with TillyLou on how to best use the Buttafly for therapeutic purposes and in yoga class. I found her to be very informative and passionate about the use of Buttafly Effect and its ability to help people.
I’ve gone on to use it successfully with patients suffering from low back pain and specifically coccydynia.
Our lessons were on Zoom and I found her teaching to be clear and the two days were paced beautifully.
The training with TillyLou was time well spent in many ways. Although at first, I couldn’t imagine how we would spend two days on the topic, as soon as we began I realised that this was to be much more than I had expected. We were not simply going to be learning about the benefits and uses of the Buttafly products, but we would learn from TillyLou’s experience of working with clients and students as a bodyworker, physiotherapist, healing practitioner, and yoga teacher. We came to understand through hearing her experiences and exploring for ourselves why the Buttafly is such a powerful tool. And while in two days we could not cover Anatomy in any depth, I learned a great amount about the human body in those few hours in the context of teaching yoga.
We explored for ourselves, and with others in the class, about our own postural strengths and weaknesses, the individuality of our bodies, and how to support our own progress. We worked with idea that ‘less can be more’ when the right interventions are made in the appropriate way.
TillyLou taught us that if we support the body well, the body’s intelligence will allow a postural release to occur naturally. We learned that the subtlest of shifts or changes to our posture while sitting in Sukasana or lying in Savasana can have a big impact on our experience.
I think we all came to realise that too often, the fundamentals of posture can be too easily overlooked in classes, or problems are even obscured by notions of what is the right way to be doing something. And of
course we learned how the simple unique design of the Buttafly can be an invaluable aid in working with our students or clients.
As it was, the days flew by and I am looking forward to doing more.
Beth, Yogalates Teacher
I love introducing new clients of mine to the Buttafly… What it does in releasing spinal tension for a lot of clients suffering from back pain is phenomenal.